Second Life | A.I. Testing Platform

Researchers at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute have created an avatar called Edd, Edd is not controlled by another player, but by a computer. What this research did is basically gave this avatar Artificial Intelligence, Edd currently "understands only English that has previously been translated into mathematical logic."
The full article by Michael Hill can be read [here]

This story is very near to my heart, a couple of semesters back I was in Simulation class, and every other week we would all meet online in Second Life. So to find another school utilizing virtual reality in such a way just makes me smile with joy.
Second Life being used as a Testing Ground for A.I.? Brilliant!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No more controllers for playing games

Look out iPhone, the G1 is coming. sw33t.