By The Power of Python


Hello World,
 Sorry I haven't been  on here much, its been an interesting year. Many good things have happened and many good things are happening.
As you may recall, in June of 2017, I had gotten my CEH v9, in hopes to get myself into an Entry Level Info/Sec or Cyber/Sec field. No such luck so far.
So I was going to study Security+, but I really didn't like it. So I tried CSA+ (CySA+) that seemed more my speed, but again, the momentum fell, due to lack of interest from the field.
So I though long and hard to figure out "How can I up my game?" and this is in general, not just for Cyber/Sec, and I noticed many jobs favor their techs to know Python for multiple reasons. I had dabbled a little bit with Python last year, and I actually enjoyed it. So I decided to be a bit more serious about it this time around, instead of just Self Studying.

 My good friend, and fellow code enthusiast decided to join me, so we got on WyzAnt, found a tutor, and off we went. I'm really enjoying it so far. We are still in the beginning stages, but its good to know that I can still remember the language. Our tutor recommended using "Python for Absolute Beginners", which is actually a really neat book. Namely because each chapter you create a "game", in reality is project, and then at the end of each chapter he recommends other challenges that built on the main chapter challenge that you just did, so you end up having to figure small things out at end, which is really great.


 I made sure that I downloaded PyCharm and I configured it with a folder for all these mini-programs we will be creating, I honestly can't wait to get to the section where we learn how to use PyQT to create GUIs, that is going to be super awesome, I can't wait.
 One other thing I've wanted to use more is GitHub, version control is a huge thing, especially now since almost everything is done digitally. So my buddy and I both created GitHub accounts, made sure we are following each other, and I created a main repository, and added him as a collaborator.
Our plan is, since there are multiple mini programs that will be created per chapter, then we will choose one to do over GitHub, just so that we can learn how to use that platform. And of course we will meet up to run through the homework and see how each one of us solved the challenges.

This feels good, it feels right.
I've always enjoyed coding, ever since I learned C++ almost over 10 years ago, but I never go ta chance to use that skill out side of school. So I'm glad that I'm taking initiative now, and I can't wait to see where this will take me. I have many ideas that I would like to implement, and learning Python will be something that I can see using frequently.
I even found a cool free app call QPython which allows you to run Python code right on your phone.
So needless to say I wrote a little program, a simple dice roller, and I can run it on my phone, so now I always "dice" when ever I need it.


 I'll do my best to keep this blog updated as I up-train myself on this lovely language, and once I have some cool programs ready, I'll makes sure to link to the repository for you.


"Coding is the closest thing we have to a superpower" -Unknown
Happy Coding.
-ash

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No more controllers for playing games

Look out iPhone, the G1 is coming. sw33t.