Julia, The Language

Hello World,
 Today I wanted to bring up a programming language called Julia, and I have to say, this sounds awesome. I love the fact that people can basically frankenstien a language to be efficient and serve a particular purpose, if you don't know what I'm talking about, check out their statement about why they created Julia, its really cool.

One head line that grabbed my attention was "Is Julia, a young programming language, going to give Python a run for its money?" I'm a new Pythonist, and I really like the language, in future posts I'll be posting some of my super n00b projects that I've been working on as I'm learning Python for an over all project that I want to do.

I have yet to try the Julia Language, but I do like the fact that many of those that helped create Julia, came from different programming backgrounds, so they took the best features of each of the languages, and created this new hybrid language. To me it almost sounds like a plot from a Sci-Fi film, but I love that its real. Since 2012 (the entrance of Julia into the world), the language has been downloaded 2 million times I believe, which is pretty good.

It sounds like since we are living in the era of Big Data, many people are finding ways to deal with it in different ways. I know Python is used in Big Data & Data Science, and there are special libraries that help you do just that. So to find that a hybrid language can be created for specific use, is pretty awesome. The could possibly mean that aside from having a multi-purpose language like Python, there could be future specific-purpose languages for all these new area of tech that are always emerging.
Welcome to the future everyone, Sci-Fi is real.

Enjoy the rest of your week.
-ash

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No more controllers for playing games

Look out iPhone, the G1 is coming. sw33t.