Python Project : Digital Dice

Hello World,
Today I'm going to tell you about a little program that I did, it was inspired by a conversation I had with a friend of mine. My buddy plays D&D (Dungeons & Dragons), and this game relies on dice rolls to help you make decisions through out the game. He plays with his friends via Skype or google Hang Out, which I thought was cool, they all log in and start playing, so I asked him "well, what do you do about the dice rolls?" and he told me that each one of them rolls the dice on their desks and then they tell each other what they rolled.
I then asked him how many different die do they use? because I only know about the D20 die, and he then told me that it would vary on the game, it could be any thing.

So that got me thinking, why not have a digital dice program that would "roll" the dice for you? And I made it in a way that you get to choose the range of the dice that you want to roll. And that's when I decided to make one.
You can find the python code on my GitHub Repo if your interested.

After I got it done, I was able to actually take the python file, and add it to my phone (android) and use the QPython app to run it, so now I always have unlimited number of dice in my pocket at any given time.

The next step would be to add a "network" capability, to the program, so that my friend and his friends can all see the same "roll", hopefully I'll be able to figure this out as my Python skills evolve.
Feel free to check out the code and let me know what you think.

Remember.
"Coding is the closest thing we have to a superpower" - anonymous
Go be a Super.
-ash

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No more controllers for playing games

Look out iPhone, the G1 is coming. sw33t.