Learning SQL

So a recent job I've applied for had asked if I knew SQL, I unfortunately don't. But they said it was a "preferred" skill. So I thought to my self, well why not learn SQL. I'm already familiar with MS Access, true its not the same, but at least that makes me familiar with the database terminology.

So I started searching the net for tutorials on SQL, and I came across an awesome tutorial. Its simple to understand, has examples, downloadable data, and its free.
After I finished reading the first section on how to create a database, and populate it, it then gives you a little assignment to try it for yourself. Very neat.

If you would like to learn some SQL for an upcoming project, or just to add it as a skill on your resume, make sure to check out the Web Developer's Note: SQL Tutorial, its really quite good, and it provides you with links to free software to use, such as MySQL.

Have a nice day.
=)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No more controllers for playing games

Look out iPhone, the G1 is coming. sw33t.